Walk Through Urbana
An Urbana history & culture tour by foot
Our "Walk Through ______" tours are our most popular set of CU experiences. These comprehensive walking tours are loved by area newbies, history buffs, visitors, and longtime community members alike. We will highlight the best of Champaign-Urbana's three distinct-yet-connected communities: Champaign, Campus, and Urbana. And we'll always have a surprise or two along the way!
WALK THROUGH URBANA – From downtown Urbana to the heart of Campus and back – 2 hours
Start and End: near Lincoln Square Mall
- The main focus is the general history of C-U, and the evolution of Urbana as a city. We will also tell you about the historic University of Illinois, an all-time great Illinois architect, and the can't miss sights/sounds/eats of Urbana.
- The walk is roughly 2 miles by foot, with plenty of stops and a short bus ride along the way. The walk covers mostly flat ground and two flights of stairs.
- This tour starts and ends near Lincoln Square Mall. We'll email you exact location, parking information, etc once you confirm your booking.
- Indoor stops are frequent in winter or rainy conditions.
- We have never cancelled this tour due to weather. Your guide will be ready rain-or-shine, and we hope to see you there!
Booking & Check-In:
- Booking for this tour is mandatory. Children 10 and under are free, limited to 2 children per ticketed adult.
- If there are no scheduled tours that work for your group, feel free to contact us to set up a private tour.
- Our tour begins promptly, so please arrive 5-10 minutes early to check in.
- Make sure your guide is marked with the Discover CU logo!