A Champaign-Urbana highlights tour by foot
Our most popular set of CU experiences. These comprehensive walking tours are loved by area newbies, history buffs, visitors, and longtime community members alike. We will cover the history and modern highlights of CU's three distinct-yet-connected communities: Champaign, Campus, and Urbana. And we may have a bonus surprise or two along the way!
Please note that we offer three separate tours in this category:
- CHAMPAIGN – From downtown Champaign to the heart of Campus – 2 hours
- URBANA – From the heart of Campus to downtown Urbana – 2 hours
- CAMPUS – From the Main Quad to the South Quad, North (Engineering Quad), and back – 2 hours
- The main focus is the general history of CU, and the evolution of the twin cities and the University in between.
- The walk is roughly 2 miles by foot, with plenty of stops and a short bus ride along the way. The walk covers flat ground the entire way.
- We'll email you exact start and end location, parking information, etc once you confirm your booking.
- There are no meals included and no restroom breaks, but we may have a surprise drink or snack along the way.
- Indoor stops are frequent in winter or rainy conditions.
- This tour will not be cancelled due to weather, barring lightning or other safety concerns. Your guide will be ready rain-or-shine, so please dress appropriately.
Booking & Check-In:
- Booking for these tours is mandatory. Please book one of the specific dates and times listed below.
- If there are no scheduled tours that work for your group, feel free to contact us to set up a private tour.
- Children 10 and under are free.
- Our tour begins promptly, so please arrive at least 5-10 minutes early to check in.
- Make sure your guide is marked with the Discover CU logo!