Walk Through Champaign
A Champaign history & culture tour by foot
Our "Walk Through ______" tours are our most popular set of CU experiences. These comprehensive walking tours are loved by area newbies, history buffs, visitors, and longtime community members alike. We will highlight the best of Champaign-Urbana's three distinct-yet-connected communities: Champaign, Campus, and Urbana. And we'll always have a surprise or two along the way!
WALK THROUGH CHAMPAIGN – From the heart of Campus to downtown Champaign and back – 2 hours
Start: near the Bardeen (Engineering) Quad – We'll email you an exact start location once you confirm your booking.
End: at the Alma Mater
- The main focus is the general history of C-U, and the evolution of Champaign as a city. We will also tell you about the galloping ghost, the hidden C-U swamp, and the can't miss sights/sounds/eats of Champaign.
- The walk is roughly 2 miles by foot, with plenty of stops and a short bus ride along the way. The walk covers flat ground the entire way.
- This tour starts and ends near the Bardeen (Engineering) Quad. We'll email you exact location, parking information, etc once you confirm your booking.
- Indoor stops are frequent in winter or rainy conditions.
- We have never cancelled this tour due to weather. Your guide will be ready rain-or-shine, and we hope to see you there!
Booking & Check-In:
- Booking for this tour is mandatory. Children 10 and under are free, limited to 2 children per ticketed adult.
- If there are no scheduled tours that work for your group, feel free to contact us to set up a private tour.
- Our tour begins promptly, so please arrive 5-10 minutes early to check in.
- Make sure your guide is marked with the Discover CU logo!